It is our objective to provide networking and support for those in professional theatre, both professional theatres and theatre professionals.
We are developing several resource databases. Please add your information, share it with theatre colleagues and encourage them to add information. The more who participate, the more useful it is to Alabama school, university, community and professional theatres as a true resource. If you have additional information or ideas, please touch base with the Professional Branch Chair, Gary Weatherly.
Alabama Sets, Props, and Costumes
This is a living spreadsheet of props, sets and costumes from Alabama school, community and university theatres that are available to borrow or rent. This is meant to be a resource. We invite all Alabama theatres to add to the list.
Alabama Directors, Designers and Technical Theatre Artists
This is a living spreadsheet of theatre artists based in Alabama that are available to work for theatres of all sizes. Are you a teacher or professor that is also available to design and build sets, direct a show, choreograph, and more for other theatres, this is for you. Are you available for overhire for professional productions? This is meant to be a resource. If you would like to be added to the list, please click below.
- Alabama State Council for the Arts
- 2021-2022 Guidelines (alabama.gov) – Applications for Fellowships and Cultural Facilities Grants – due March 1st at 5pm.
- Actor’s Equity
- Stage Directors and Choreographers
- Southeastern Theatre Conference
- USITT (United States Institute of Theatre Technology)
- Theatre Communications Group
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Legal Services
- Legal Services Alabama
- Volunteer Lawyers Birmingham
- Madison County Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Montgomery Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Program (Montgomery County) – (334) 265-0222.
- South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program (all other counties)